Thursday 28 April 2011

Raina used to bunk tuitions to play cricket


Elder brother of cricketer Suresh Raina, Dinesh Raina who is a teacher at a school in Ghaziabad is today happy that his brother Suresh Raina used to bunk his tuition classes to play cricket.
The mood is quite upbeat at Raina’s residence in Raj Nagar, Ghaziabad ever since India won the world cup.Talking to The Indian Express, Dinesh confided that the turning point in Raina’s life came “when one of my friends phoned me and asked me come and see Raina bat during a local cricket tournament. It was perhaps in the late ’90s. When I reached there, I saw Raina scoring three consecutive sixes. I was so impressed by his batting that I made up my mind to get Raina admitted to Sports College, Lucknow where his talent was ably groomed by the seasoned coaches Deepak Sharma and SP Krishan. He started taking part in prestigious tournaments from Sports College itself and since then there has been no looking back for him.”

No comments: